Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Which One?

Sometimes my mind simply goes blank when thinking of what quilt pattern to use for my next QOV project. Today I began a mission to find various patterns and link them here! By sharing with you, we both now can have a quick reference!

At Mary Quilts, among a wide variety of quilt designs, she has specific ideas dedicated to QOV! I wish I could share one of her designs, but she’s specifically requested everyone not repost or “pin”! Trust me, however, it’s worth taking a look on her site!

Here and there, I saw mention of a “zig-a-zag” quilt. Interesting! When looking further, I found Maureen Cracknell Handmade’s excellent tutorial of the pattern she provided on Janome’s website. I like this and can easily “see” it made in a variety of Red White and Blue prints!
http://maureencracknellhandmade.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-decending-zig-zag-quilt-tutorial.html

Quilters Cache is another site I stumbled upon today! I appreciate how one can search for blocks by size (but there’s not a picture you can see until you click on the block name)! So, I went back to the first page and decided my favorite one is the Four Part Strip Block. I like the quick method sewing

Many of the major fabric manufacturers have free quilt patterns!

          I especially like the Herringbone!

          I love the Camden Ribbons!



I’m sure there are many others, but this is a nice starter to refer back to whenever my mind goes blank again!


Do you have a favorite quilt pattern?

No comments:

Post a Comment