Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Community QOV Project

A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog article over on Lanetta's Creations asking for Just One Block. The response has been amazing! I want to share pictures of the lovely blocks others have created ~ somewhere in America ~ and mailed to me, here in the rural Texas Hill Country! I cannot express the joy in my heart knowing so many are pitching in to help with what will make NUMEROUS Community Quilts of Valor!

Becky - Boulder, Colorado
Marissa - Gresham, Oregon 
Lori & Dona - Auburn, California
Kristin - Forreston, Illinois 
Janet - Littlefield, Texas
Susan - Athens, Georgia
Vicki - New Glarus, Wisconsin
Cathy - Edwardsburg, Michigan
Then a friend and I met at her church's Family Life Center and arranged...
All blocks came from Lori & Dona!

Thank you, Lori & Dona 
 and stitched 3 quilt tops together!
Thank you, Gail!

Thrilled Gail taught me a quick stacking trick to sew the blocks together making rows!
For the border on this one, Gail & I decided on a solid red...

Ready to send off for quilting!

Requesting a Volunteer Longarmer today!
I was a bit delayed in getting fabric for the borders and backing. Hope to finish up the other two today - adding the borders and pressing the backing - tomorrow at the latest. I think it's a splendid way to spend Thanksgiving - preparing Quilts of Valor for our Veterans and Wounded Warriors!

Hoping for another group gathering in December to arrange and create more fabulous Community QOV! Several other ladies had wanted to help, but prior commitments prevented them - this time! They all want to help, to do their part in this fabulous National Service endeavor!

Thanks AGAIN to everyone for participating in this group effort to honor our veterans and giving comfort to our wounded!

Hopefully, soon will have my own longarm quilting machine so I can get these quilted and presented without waiting and waiting and waiting! Please consider contributing to the funding campaign!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment